There is nothing worse than going into the bathroom after someone else has taken a shower and finding wet puddles on the floor, especially if you walk around your house in your socks.
Selecting a great absorbent bath mat can make a huge difference in your bathroom. Not only can it be a nice accessory for your bathroom decor but a truly absorbent mat can also make your bathroom a safer place for everyone, especially older adults that are prone to slipping.
If your main criteria is a mat that can soak up all the water that falls on it then you can’t do better than the Genteele Memory Foam Bath Mats.
- Most Absorbent Bath Mats
- Gorilla Grip Shaggy Chenille Bathroom Mat
- Genteele Memory Foam Bath Mats
- Lifewit, Soft Shaggy Bath Mats
- Mayshine Bath Mat
- Clara Clark Non Slip Memory Foam Tub-shower Bath Rug Set
- DEARTOWN Non-Slip Thick Microfiber Bathroom Rugs
- mDesign Soft Microfiber Polyester Non-Slip Extra-Long Spa Mat
- Utopia Towels Washable Cotton Banded Bath Mat
- What to Consider
Most Absorbent Bath Mats
Gorilla Grip Shaggy Chenille Bathroom Mat
This is the original “Gorilla Grip” mat, it now comes in 9 different dimensions, making it easy to find the best size for your bathroom layout.
As of 2022, there are now
eight 42 color options! So you should be able to find one that perfectly matches your decor.
The grip on this mat is absolutely outstanding and works well on any surface. There is however a caveat to that statement. If there is any water, under, the mat then it loses its non-slip properties and will slide out from underfoot.
So, if you are prone to splashing large amounts of water onto the floor, near your mat then this might not be the best option. It is very good at absorbing water that drops directly onto it, as you might expect from stepping out of the shower, it just can’t cope with water that gets underneath it.
The feel of this mat is wonderful, you can feel your feet sink into the plush shag material. It is made from polyester but you would never guess that from the feel. The fact that it is made from polyester means that it does wash well and can also be tumble-dried on a gentle cycle.
- Machine Washable and Tumble Dryer Safe
- Super Absorbent
- Soft and Plush Feel
- Can be slippery if water gets under the mat
Genteele Memory Foam Bath Mats
These bath mats come in eight sizes and 21 colors, with a mix of vibrant and neutral colors to choose from.
These mats are truly luxurious with a layer of memory foam that cushions your feet as you step onto them, you may be finding excuses to go and stand on these mats they are so good.
They have anti-slip dots on the bottom that works relatively well, but as with other mats, they can slide a little if a large amount of water gets underneath them.
They work really well at absorbing water that drips off you after a shower, so well in fact that they can be a little slow to dry after use, this means that the next person in the shower might get cold water on their feet as they step into the shower.
The slow drying also has an impact on laundering these mats. They are both machine washable and tumble drier safe, but they can take a while to dry.
- Possibly the most comfortable bath mat you will ever stand on
- Very absorbent
- Slow to dry after use
Lifewit, Soft Shaggy Bath Mats
These bath mats are available in a range of colors and sizes which means that they can fit into a wide range of bathrooms or even utility rooms. There is a large runner-sized mat which is a great option if you have a larger bathroom.
The mat is made of microfiber which means that not only is it highly absorbent but it also feels lovely and soft underfoot. The back of the mat has a very functional silicone backing that keeps it fixed in place on tiled flooring.
On washing this mat can sometimes suffer a little, so you should make sure to wash with care. You may find, after washing, that the non-slip backing is not as effective as it was prior to washing.
- Non-slip backing
- Luxuriously soft microfiber
- Very absorbent
- Mixed results on washing
Mayshine Bath Mat
These mats are available in 5 different sizes, including a round option and a matching mat to go at the base of your toilet. There are six color options, including one nice and bright turquoise option.
These mats are sold as being non-slip and this is mostly a function of the fact that they are quite heavy, rather than due to the coating on the bottom of the mat. As a result, they can still slide on some floors.
The rug itself is made from microfiber, which is great at absorbing water. The design of the rug includes a fiber-locking technique which means that the mat survives machine washing well without any loss of fibers which can make bath mats look worn after they’ve been through the wash. Although it is recommended that you drip dry these mats.
- Machine Washable
- The great soft feel underfoot
- Very Absorbent
- Looks worn after many washes.
Clara Clark Non Slip Memory Foam Tub-shower Bath Rug Set
The Clara Clark Non Slip Memory Foam Tub-shower Bath Rug Set is a soft and sophisticated bath rug that gives your feet a fine feeling. Thanks to its microfiber material.
With its non-slip, slide resistance feature, you are free from slipping and falling on wet floors. It boasts a lavish velvet and heavy-duty design, which also guarantees a bacteria-free mat. This best-seller set is perfect for your home, bathroom, healthcare facilities, dorm, or offices.
You get 1 large bath rug (20 X 32 in), 1 small bath rug (17X 24 in), and 1 contour rug (24X 19 in). And the addition of a comfortable memory foam cushion that allows your bathing area to look luxurious and stay clean, moisture-free quick-drying, and
Ultimately, after following the manufacturer’s instructions, the color doesn’t easily fade even after many machine washes.
- Highly-absorbent and soft
- Great quality and thick memory foam
- Looks new after several washes
- Budget-friendly for its features
- Hypoallergenic microfiber material
- Easy to clean
- Lasts long due to its high-quality material
- Various colors to choose from, that fits with your wall color
- Not for big bathrooms
- The texture of the fabric collects hair and debris easily
- Slippery on a linoleum floor
- The fabric may be too thick for some bathrooms doors to close
- Doesn’t fit well with a small bathroom
DEARTOWN Non-Slip Thick Microfiber Bathroom Rugs
The DEARTOWN Non-Slip Thick Microfiber Bathroom Rug is a bathroom essential that is made up of chenille fabric microfiber, which is loaded with functional features. Talk about great absorbency, self-drying before mold and bacteria thrive, staying in one place without slipping, and sliding around the bathroom. Well, it carries all these qualities to render.
This 27.5 x 47 inches large mat is made up of the best materials to withstand heavy and long years of usage, even with constant machine wash. Why risk your loved ones with a low-quality rug, when you can own this versatile and comfortable carpet at a friendly price?
The greatest thing about it is that it works well anywhere. In your home, bathroom, or healthcare facilities. Not only does it create elegance in front of your door with your favorite color, but even your beloved pets can enjoy it, too!
- Guaranteed soft and feels comfy on your feet
- Safe even for babies, as it avoids mold and bacteria setting in
- It matches any interior decors as it comes with a wide array of colors and sizes to choose from
- Very durable due to its excellent materials
- Low cost at an expensive quality
- True to its promise of a non-skid backing layer
- Looks stylish and elegant anywhere in the house
- Easy to clean or wash; easy to dry
- Doesn’t curl up on edges, due to the thickness
- Traces footprints
- Dirt, furs and debris stick easily, so it needs immediate cleaning
mDesign Soft Microfiber Polyester Non-Slip Extra-Long Spa Mat
The mDesign Soft Microfiber Polyester Non-Slip Extra-Long Spa Mat is a 60 x 21 inches and is designed for four major missions: Slip-resistant, durability, all-around comfort, and ultra-absorbent.
The high-quality non-slip backing provides long-term performance, and it consistently grips the floor keeping the rug in place, even when wet. As a result, you can stand on it without slipping and falling. It is great for any age. It fits well in houses, bathrooms, sinks, front doors, kitchen, and laundry room.
This easy-to-wash mat adds ultra-fine style to anywhere you wish to place it. It is super soft and highly absorbent, keeping your floors clean and dry. Available in different sizes and shapes, it allows you to find the best rug according to your style.
Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions when washing and drying for a long-lasting mat.
- Multi-tasking that looks stylish anywhere in the house
- Made from quality materials, so durability is guaranteed
- Flexible that fits in anywhere, and still serves its purpose
- Easy to vacuum and clean
- Extremely soft and warm on the feet
- It truly doesn’t slip even on a wet floor, so moms are worry-free for their toddlers
- Offers a wide variety of sizes and colors
- Long enough to cover wide space
- May not be thick enough in some parts of the house
- Washing procedures may be burdensome
- Color fades after a few machine washes
- Shows footprints
- Fiber falls off easily
Utopia Towels Washable Cotton Banded Bath Mat
The Utopia Towels Washable Cotton Banded Bath Mat is a pair of two that are made of 100% cotton, which provides a non-slip service. This bath mat set is 95gsm thick and measures 21 x 34 inches that give a heavenly feeling as soon as you step on it after a shower. Each is extremely absorbent that spreads nicely on your floor.
These low-cost mats are double-hemmed with a banded design to enhance their beauty and add attraction. Soft texture, highly absorbent, and non-rubberized backing make this pair dry quickly. You can choose any colors you wish, to compliment your interior decors.
Carefully made with natural materials, these rugs are free from harmful and synthetic materials that assure your family’s safety. As per the manufacturer’s instructions, minimize bleaching and fabric softeners to lessen early damage. Lastly, wash the bath rugs separately to minimize lint.
- The towel-like softness that gives comfort to your feet
- Super affordable, but doesn’t lack quality
- Thick enough to absorb water drips, but not too thick to dry quickly
- Large size, which accommodates a vast area of the floor
- Washable, even on a weekly basis
- Lightweight that it is easily tossed in the washing machine and dryer
- No rubber backing to fall in the washer or dryer
- Lint sheds so easily
- Attract abundant amount of debris easily and it shows clearly
- Edges curl up and down
- Doesn’t hold tightly to the floor so it can cause injuries from falling
What to Consider
Some bathmats offer non-slip backings. This can be very useful in a bathroom as it means that you don’t need to worry about the mat sliding around on the tile when you step on and off, or even just when you open to door to the room.
When selecting a rug for your bathroom you will want to know that you can have a color that will fit I with your décor. Some mats come in only one or two colors, often very neutral tones, such as whites and greys whereas others offer more choice and brighter colors.
The sizes of the mats vary greatly. Most come in a standard 20” x 31” size, which is a good size for sitting alongside a bath or at the entrance to a shower. If you have a larger bathroom you may prefer to have a runner-sized bathmat. Runners are longer and can be a more suitable choice if you have quite a large bathroom and you want to cover up more of the tile.
As these mats will be in a steamy bathroom environment they will invariably become dirty and in need of washing over time. Some mats can be easily washed and dried. Whereas others need to be washed with care and drip-dried.
If what you are looking for is a bathroom mat that absorbs water well, then you can’t do better than the Genteele Memory Foam Bath Mats, not only is it fantastic at absorbing water, it is a pleasure to stand on.
If you have small kids going in and out of the tub or elderly people in your house/are shopping for older adults you may want to first look at these non-slip bath mats made with seniors in mind. Although they may not be quite as comfortable or absorbent as the ones on the list if safety is your first priority they may be a better fit for you.