Night lights are not just for kids anymore! In fact, there are a lot of great adult night lights available, including some stylish decorative ones. We reviewed many of the top decorative night lights for adults, and found this Rotation Sleep Soothing Color Changing Aurora Night Light by Soaity to offer the best overall value and design. Read on to learn more about why this was our top pick.
What to Consider
There are a few different things that you should consider when it comes to choosing the best nightlight. First, consider the wattage of the light. Many night lights can actually use different watt bulbs, giving you more freedom over the amount of light emitted. Some, however, can only use a certain type of bulb and may not give you as much control over the lighting.
It is also important to consider is the type of bulb. Just like there are special considerations to find the best light bulbs for makeup mirrors, you want to make sure the night light emits enough light without using too much power or getting too hot, especially since they are normally left plugged in for the whole night.
Most of the night lights on the market use an incandescent bulb or a fluorescent bulb. These bulbs can produce a good amount of light, but a better option would be LED lights. This is due to the risks involved with both incandescent and fluorescent bulbs. In fact, many of these bulbs get hot and can cause house fires.
Another important factor to consider when buying a night light is the style. The majority of plug-in night lights are thought of primarily for children since that’s where much of the demand is in the market. Because of that, many of the designs you typically find are very child-orientated or juvenile looking with cartoon themes and big bright characters on the outside. We’ve searched high and low to find designs that were stylish looking and would fit well in any home.
We really wanted to find elegant lights that were specifically designed NOT for kids but rather were artistic, contemporary accessories that would fit in well in any home, guest bathroom or hallway without giving it a childish look.
Since there are so many different decorative options to choose from, you can get one that really suits your own style and taste- as well as your existing home décor. The sky really is the limit when it comes to the design of your night light.
Adult Night Lights Worth Looking At:
J Devlin Fused Glass Tree Night Light Review
First up on our list is the J Devlin Fused Glass Tree Night Light.
J Devlin is a well known maker of glass art, and some of the lights are really exquisite.
This night light has a stained glass plate with a tree that has amber and brown shades, and it really looks like a tree losing its leaves in the autumn. Beauty is not all that this night light has going for it.
The unique design adds a nice accent to any bathroom, hallway or bedroom. While the original design will be appreciated by many adults, the falling leaves may be a little too seasonal looking for some people.
The company (J Delvin) has many different decorative glass night lights. We chose this tree design but they have a few dozen different designs that you might prefer, depending on your style and home furnishings.
- It uses a low wattage bulb for minimal light. This can be a good thing if you don’t really like too much light, but just enough to see where you are going if you get up in the night.
- It has a handcrafted design, so each one is unique.
- It only works with vertical outlets.
- There is not much versatility with this night light, meaning you can’t use it in a horizontal outlet.
- The actual plug in part is a little big in comparison to the whole night light.
- The decorative shield for the light is not really that big at all.
SOAIY Rotation Sleep Soothing Color Changing Aurora Night Light
The SOAIY Rotation color changing night light is a win in our book, mainly because of all of the additional features that it has to offer. It is not only a good choice for adults, but can be suitable for children as well.
Enjoy a realistic aurora borealis light show, while also taking advantage of the built in speaker that allows you to listen to music.
This is a futuristic looking night light with features to match. The drawback is that it’s not the most unassuming design so it may not fit in with every home’s decorative style.
- It offers an automatic shut off feature, giving you the ability to go to sleep while enjoying your music and lights while not having it playing all night long.
- It offers dual functionality.
- Consider using it as solely a night light, or remove the dome lid and enjoy a full light show.
- You can actually tilt the projection, giving you flexibility in where the light shines.
- Shine it straight up, or tilt it at a 45 degree angle.
- The speaker output volume is not the greatest. This can be a downfall for some.
- If you are trying to get sleep then you probably don’t need the music blaring anyway.
- If there is no source of music, the automatic shut off feature will be enabled.
- This can be a drawback for those that want the lighting to last all night.
#3 – LOFTEK LED Cube Night Light
If you are looking for a night light that gives off a colorful glow, then this may be the one for you. The LOFTEK LED cube night light definitely offers a lot in the way of features. You can choose from 16 different colors, as well as many different shapes and sizes. I find it’s design calming, although it’s a cube the beveled edges give is softer feel and the muted colors give a nice soft light that is not overpowering.
The simple design fits well in almost any home or guest bedroom without being the center of attention. While some of the previously reviewed night lights have very distinctive designs, that may not be what your looking for. If you prefer a subtle looking light with unassuming profile, this LED cube by Loftkek might be the choice for you.
The design and lighting are also eco-friendly and safe. It’s cordless with the autonomy of being rechargeable. It is also waterproof with a rating of IP 65 making it a versatile indoor and outdoor light that can also be used to light pathways or give ambiance lighting to outdoor parties, patios, etc.
The lights hold a charge for about 6 hours. You can set up the colors to alternate which is a cool affect, it seems to shorten the battery life though.
The RBG color combinations are a cool effect and give you a lot of options with these lights. Whether your favorite color is blue or you want to match your pink bathroom accessories, there are plenty of color choices.
- It offers flexibility with cordless options. Sure, there is an AC adapter that comes with it, but it is rechargeable. That means you can take it with you, even when there is nowhere to plug it up.
- It is safe to use inside and outside.
- The light is waterproof and offers protection from dust, making it portable in weather conditions.
- LOFTEK offers a one year warranty on all of their products, and design their products with quality and durability.
- There is no option for using battery power. If you are out camping, and unable to charge your light then you may be in the dark.
- If you lose the remote control, it can be difficult to change through the functions and colors.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, there are some really great night lights out there for adults. After considering the amount of light you need and the bulb types, you can determine which light is best suited for you. As we already mentioned, the SOAIY Rotation Sleep Soothing Color Changing Aurora Night Light is our top pick.
It not only offers adequate amounts of light, but it also displays a light show, and even has a built in speaker if you want to listen to soothing sounds or music in the bathroom If you want something that really measures up all the way around, this may be the night light for you.