Shower tiles tend to get incredibly dirty with time, and cleaning those rippled surfaces without proper equipment could prove
to be incredibly tedious. Thankfully, we’ve rounded up the most popular shower squeegees on the market in order to help you decide which one to get for your shower tiles. It doesn’t matter if your tiles are uneven or if your shower is slippery, we’ve got your back.
We have concluded that the Good Grips Stainless Steel Squeegee by OXO appears to be the most advantageous buy at the moment, but remember that we’ll be giving you an overview of each product and it’s up to you to choose which one you prefer.
What to consider when buying a shower squeegee for tile walls:
Rust-free lifespan: Squeegees are usually kept inside the shower or in the bathroom, so being able to withstand water and vapor are crucial features to have for one of these practical tools. The longer it manages to stay rust-free, the less you’ll have to worry about getting a new one.
Size: The product’s size needs to be large enough to allow users to comfortably clean around, but it shouldn’t be too big to make cleaning a nuisance. An average, decent sized squeegee is an ideal addition as a cleaning tool.
Easiness to use: Although the easiness to use goes hand in hand with size, it’s actually defined by a wider set of attributes. The practicality of the grip, the sliding capabilities of the squeegee itself and the quality of each ‘slide’ will ultimately make a huge difference and define how easy the product is to use.
Our Top Picks for Best Shower Squeegee:
Good Grips Stainless Steel Squeegee by OXO:
This practical, stainless steel squeegee works well on a variety of different surfaces, and its material allows the product to stay free from rust for a long time, even when kept inside the shower. It offers a rubber grip as well, which keeps your hands from slipping when cleaning your tiles. You can also use it to clean glass!
In some cases it might seem like black plastic blades could cause the tiles to stain, but it’s not such a common issue and it could depend on the quality of the tiles rather than the squeegee itself. Although the product quality seems to be really good in general, the fact that OXO doesn’t offer replacement blades could feel like a huge disappointment for some buyers.
In any case, OXO’s product appears to be an effective and durable choice!
- Good quality product allows you to properly clean glass and tiles.
- Rubber gripping keeps the squeegee from slipping too often.
- Stainless steel should help the squeegee stay free from rust for a long time.
- No replacement blades mean that whenever the product starts losing its effectiveness, you’ll have to buy a new one entirely.
- It could stain certain types of shower tiles.
Squeegee for Shower by Desired Tools:
This product isn’t as flexible as OXO’s design, but it still manages to offer good quality to its buyers. It works on most surfaces and its usage isn’t limited to shower tiles, so getting your hands on this product might be a good idea if you intend to use the squeegee around your house. It also offers two replacement blades, which most people would judge as a great deal when compared to the price of OXO’s product.
The handle should allow comfortable usage of the product, but keep in mind that it could prove to be a bit small for some owners. The one main issue that seems recurrent is that the squeegee’s cleaning blade isn’t really as flexible as advertised, and when cleaning it could feel stiff at times. It could also leave moisture trails depending on the ripple consistency of the surface you wish to clean.
- Works on most surfaces without issue.
- Offers replacement blades, which could save you decent money after wear and tear starts to kick in.
- The squeegee seems very practical and easy to use.
- Blade design could leave trails when cleaning.
- Flexibility doesn’t seem to be as good as advertised, but it can still work its way around most surfaces.
- Not ideal if you’re looking for a large squeegee, given its relatively small size.
Stainless Steel Squeegee by Quntis:
Quintis’ product is entirely made of stainless steel apart from the cleaning blade, which one could say it’s a very good thing considering its rust resistant properties, but it can also feel very heavy when cleaning. The material also tends to make a lot of noise with normal movements, which might feel a bit annoying from time to time. In any case, it does seem to offer more positives than negatives.
This squeegee is extremely versatile and works for many different surfaces; the product is well made and performs at a higher level than other options in the market. Although it doesn’t offer replacement blades, the rubber seems to be very durable and shouldn’t wear down easily.
- The stainless steel offers both a slick look and great resistance to rust.
- Versatile squeegee that seems to properly clean most surfaces comfortably; it should work well around the house.
- It appears to be a high quality tool and worth investing money in.
- Cleaning rubber blade seems to last for a long time.
- Good enough size allows comfortable cleaning.
- It could feel a bit heavy when cleaning.
- Steel could generate too much noise and owners could find it annoying at times.
- Doesn’t offer replacement blades.
The Good Grips Stainless Steel Squeegee by OXO seems to be one step higher than its competitors considering how comfortable it seems to be and how easy it is to clean with it. In any case, other options are still worth considering and you should take a peek on each product yourself to see which one you’d prefer!
If you’re looking for ways to improve your bathroom or shower area, if you have slippery shower tile and are frustrated with your shower curtain rode not staying up…be sure to read our reviews shower curtain rods that work well on smooth tile. You might find exactly what you’re looking for over there!