When it comes to the best shower caddy, rust proof is definitely the way to go. If you are sick of your shower caddy leaving behind rust stains that are nearly impossible to get rid of, then it may be time to switch up and get a rust proof model.
We reviewed some of the top rust proof shower caddies, and this is what we came up with. The simplehuman Adjustable Hanging Shower Caddy is our top pick when it comes to all around value and quality, but there are a few others that we really liked as well. Check out our reviews of this shower caddy below, and the others that we had the pleasure of reviewing as well.
What to Consider When Buying a Shower Caddy:
As you look into various different types of shower caddies, you will need to know what you are looking for. One of the first things that you will consider is your personal needs. There are so many styles to choose from. Some offer a lot of storage space, while others may only offer enough space for the essentials. Consider height, size and style firstly to ensure that you get the space you need.
Some of the shower caddies on the market even offer removable sections. You can take out sections as you need them to make it easy to travel with or to transfer from the shower stall to a bathtub.
Another important thing to consider is the material that the shower caddy is made of. The materials can range from stainless steel to wood. Just remember, a rust proof stainless steel is probably your best bet since wood and other materials tend to harbor bacteria, leave behind residue or rust, or are just difficult to keep clean.
Our Picks for the Best Rust Proof Shower Caddy
#1 – Vidan Home Solutions Modern Hanging Shower Caddy
First up is the two tier Vidan Home Solutions caddy. It is made up of stainless steel that is rust proof. It also has three different hooks that help to keep it suctioned to the shower wall. Simply hang it over your shower head, and everything that you will need while showering will be right there.
- The powerful suction cup keeps the shower caddy from losing its grip. This means that the caddy won’t sway back and forth while you are showering.
- It is designed to hold up to 25 pounds, making it able to hold just about everything that you need while showering. There are even hooks that make it easy to hang razors and loofahs.
- The company backs this shower caddy with a full 100% money back guarantee. Love it, or return it!
- The suction grip will not work well on surfaces that are not smooth. This means if you have granite, marble or stone shower walls, then it may not be a good choice.
- There is no back to the soap holder, and when you put wet soap down on the tray it may slide off the back or sides.
#2 – simplehuman Adjustable Hanging Shower Caddy
Another great choice when it comes to a hanging shower caddy is this design by simplehuman. It is flexible and can be easily adjusted to fit certain bottles that may be larger than others. It is also equipped with a spot for your razor. This isn’t all that makes this shower caddy great. Check out some of the other features.
- It has a rubberized clamp that is actually able to be screwed down. This keeps your shower caddy in place better than suction cups and other methods.
- The soap dish is designed to help the water drip off quickly, so that the soap is able to dry out faster. This helps soap to last longer, and keeps it from growing bacteria.
- It is made of a durable stainless steel design that is completely customizable. Shift the shelves up and down and side to side easily.
- Depending on the shower, this caddy may not rest flush with the wall. This isn’t the case every time, and will vary depending on your own shower set up.
- Some consumers say that after a few years or so that the protective coating starts to wear off, thus allowing it to rust over time.
#3 – Zenna Home Expandable Over-the-Showerhead Caddy
Finally, we have this Zenna shower caddy. This caddy is ideal for people that don’t have too much stuff they like to keep in the shower. If you are a minimalist, then it may be a good option for you. It is sturdily built, and has a good design that helps it to stay in place as it hangs from your showerhead. It also has some other noteworthy features.
- The basket shelves are really actually quite large, which makes it easy to store larger bottles of shampoo, conditioner, or body wash.
- It has a hook in the middle of it that helps to hold the shower head hose, keeping it from getting in your way while you are showering.
- It has multiple hooks that make it easy for you to hang up your razors, washcloths, and loofahs.
- It does not have a soap holder. If you like to use bar soap, then you will need to have a soap dish handy to store it since this one is not equipped with one.
- There are only four different baskets to put your essential shower items. If you need more space, then this may not be the shower caddy for you.
The Bottom Line
The good news is that there are a plethora of shower caddies for you to choose from, each having its own set of unique features. While we do think that the simplehuman Adjustable Hanging Shower Caddy is great, with its customizable features and adjustability, it isn’t the only option for a great rust proof shower caddy. If you are ready to kick the rust to the curb once and for all, then give one of these caddies a try.