When you reach the potty training years, it can be quite intimidating. There are so many different potty training chairs out there to choose from, so you may be a little overwhelmed. The good news is that we have reviewed some of the best potty training chair options for boys.
Our favorite pick is the Summer Infant My Size Potty, but we also found a few others that we really liked. We think you will like them too. Let’s take a closer look at what to look for in a potty chair, and then proceed to look at some of our top picks in detail.
What to Consider
As you shop around for the best potty training chair for boys, there are a few things that you will want to look for. One of the main things to consider is a chair that is specifically designed for boys. This means you will want it to have a pee splash guard. Without this, you may find yourself cleaning up messes each time your little boy uses the chair. If are looking for a good potty chair for girls click here…or just don’t think you need the splash guard.
It is also a good idea to choose a chair that will be easy to clean. Some potty chairs will come apart easily, so that they can be washed and dried after each use. Potty chairs tend to get gross pretty quickly if you don’t clean them regularly. You don’t want it to be a hassle each time you have to do it. An added plus is an antibacterial potty chair.
Consider a potty chair that will grow with your child. Some potty chairs will actually turn into a step stool that can be used to help your child get up on to the regular toilet when they are ready to start using it. This can be a great feature in a potty chair.
Our Top Picks for the Best Potty Training Chair for Boys
#1 – Summer Infant My Size Potty
First up is the Summer Infant My Size Potty. This potty chair is pretty adorable, and it looks just like a real toilet. It also has a lot of great features that make it an ideal training chair.
- It has a flushing sound that makes it sound like a real toilet. This can help to boost their confidence, and teach them the importance of flushing.
- The lid lifts easily so that you can remove the bowl and clean it easily after each use.
- There is a handy compartment to keep baby wipes, teaching your child good hygiene habits after using the toilet.
- The splash guard tends to fall off sometimes, which can lead to a mess. You may have to reposition it often.
- It is a bit on the smaller side, so if you have a larger toddler then it may not be the right choice for you.
- Some consumers noted that the chair slides on tile flooring, but it really just depends on how slick the floors are.
#2 – Munchkin Arm & Hammer Multi-Stage 3-in-1 Potty
This Multi-Stage 3- in-1 Potty by Munchkin is another great choice for a potty chair. We really loved the grow with me feature. This isn’t the only great feature that it has to offer. Let’s take a closer look.
- It has a 3-in-1 design, allowing it to be used as a potty chair, seat cover, and even a step stool. This is what we mean when we say the ‘grow with me’ feature.
- Keep odors at bay with Arm & Hammer deodorizing discs. These are sold separately, but this is a great added bonus to keep the potty chair smelling fresh.
- The bowl is easy to remove so that it can be cleaned easily.
- The potty chair part is designed mainly for smaller tots. Larger toddlers may actually have an issue with the splash guard.
- It has a holder for wipes, but it is difficult to get to them when sitting on the potty chair.
- The lid is a tight fit, so it may be difficult for your child to open and close it without help.
#3 – The First Years Training Wheels Racer Potty System
Finally we have a fun choice that any boy child is sure to enjoy. This one looks like a race car, and this can be a great way to attract your toddler to the toilet. After all, sometimes kids have a tendency to steer away from it at first. Here are some other features.
- It also has a removable seat that can be used to put on top of your adult toilet, allowing the chair to grow with your child.
- The splash guard on this chair is higher than some of the other seats that you find on the market, meaning less mess to have to clean up later.
- The seat is extremely safe. It has security handles, and also has non-slip grips on the ‘wheels’.
- Some parents say that the seat is a little too low to the ground, making it a little more difficult for taller kids to sit comfortably.
- Some kids may think that it is a toy, rather than a potty chair. What is meant to draw them to it may actually be a distraction for some.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, there are a lot of great potty training chairs out there for boys. The ones that we covered are just a few that we really think are good options, considering the factors that you should take into consideration. We chose the Summer Infant My Size Potty as our favorite simply because it is not only easy to clean, but it also has features that will help to teach your child to flush and stay hygienic.
If your toddler is outgrowing the chair and you think they are ready to start using the big toilet- see our separate article if and is ready for a good potty training seat with ladder (so they can climb up on to the adult toilet but need some help getting up).
It is really just the complete package. While we liked this one the best, it doesn’t mean that the others are not great options as well. Let us know what you think in the comments below!