Let’s cut the chase―everyone knows that Kohler is one of the best toilet companies in the business. That’s why we would like you to be aware of all the features that it brings to the table.
Kohler toilets are amongst the most popular brands in the world. The primary reason for this is their continuous efforts to upgrade their models. They try their best to provide you with all the latest toilet innovations in the industry. Plus, we also admire the fact that these inclusions don’t hinder the comfort and traditional beauty of the ceramic thrones.
So from comfort height, eco-friendly features, to luxury models―you can find it all under one roof.
Kohler has been in the business since 1873, this in itself is a great achievement. The company values flexibility, diversity, and consumer feedback. That’s why every retailer, plumber, and expert marks it as the best toilet brand in the industry.
Here is a list of reasons why everyone loves Kohler:
- It’s got a wide variety of toilet to accommodate your needs.
- All of its comfort height toilets are ADA compliant.
- The contemporary design display high-tech advancements.
- It’s got sturdy, durable pieces at affordable prices for budget-conscious consumers.
- The brand does its best to provide self-cleaning toilets.
- Kohler toilets are environmentally-friendly.
What’s more? The company has a cooperative support team that is ready to rescue you from all your plumbing emergencies. Additionally, their handy online support center provides you with enough guidance to solve common toilet problems.
To help you learn more about Kohler, we’ve rounded up a list of the best Kohler toilets in the market. Plus, as usual, our buying guide gives you a closer look at the brand’s signature features.
So let’s begin!
Best Kohler Toilets for 2019
Let’s look at the seven sensational toilets from this brilliant brand:
Kohler K-3933-0 Memoirs―Best Classic Model
Classy, efficient, and hassle-free―this toilet performs like a dream.
Kohler K-3933-0 Memoirs is one of the classier versions of the Kohler toilet. What this means is that the toilet design mimics the sturdy, pristine designs of older models. The only difference is that it delivers just like a modern high-efficiency toilet.
How? First of all, the flushing mechanism adequately washes away your waste without clogs or blockages. The reason for this is its flapper-less construction and reliable AquaPiston placement. The flushing system manages to abide by the WaterSense guidelines by keeping the water consumption to a minimum (1.28 GPF).
What else? A comfort height of 17-inches seals the deal for this model. The elevated height is convenient for tall people and senior members of the family. That’s because it makes it easier for them to get on and off the seat.
In addition to that, the toilet is super simple to install. All these things make it a solid investment for your home.
- Classic design adds an elegant look to your bathroom.
- Round-bowl to accommodate small bathrooms.
- Comfort height of 17 inches makes it perfect for the elderly.
- Water-efficient flushing system (1.28 GPF).
- A high-efficiency mechanism for powerful flushing.
- AquaPiston technology eliminates the chances of frequent leaks.
- Smooth vitreous china glaze to protect the bowl.
- DIY-friendly installation process.
- The single-flushing system limits your water conservation choices.
Kohler K-4007-0 San Souci–Best Toilet for Small Bathrooms
Low-profile, reliable flushing system, water-saving tendencies–it’s the ideal toilet for every homeowner.
Kohler K-4007-0 San Souci is a wonderful little toilet. The compact size, round-bowl, and sleek silhouette make it the perfect fit for small spaces. The dimensions and seamless one-piece design ensure that you can install it on by yourself without any issues.
What about performance? The modern toilet features some of Kohler’s best specs. First, we’ve got the Kohler Class Five gravity-flush that offers you a rapid-cleaning action. The high-performance AquaPiston canister supports the gravity flush with its 360 degrees swooshing-action. Moreover, the piston eliminates the chances of the leftover residue too.
Moreover, the soft-closing lid and noiseless flushing offer additional comfort to your toilet experience.
What’s more? You’ll love the fact that San Souci is WaterSense certified. It manages to utilize only 1.28 GPF, that’s 20% less than conventional toilets.
The only setback is that it is pretty expensive for budget-friendly homes. However, we feel that its fantastic features make it a worthwhile investment.
- The compact design makes it easier to fit smaller bathrooms.
- High-efficiency flush gets the bowl cleaned in the first go.
- Powerful AquaPiston canister minimizes leakage issues.
- Low-water consumption (1.28 GPF).
- Slam-resistant lid
- Easy to install
- Too expensive for most homeowners.
Kohler K-3978-0 Wellworth― Best Budget Toilet
Do you want a non-fussy standard toilet?
Then look no further than Kohler K-3978-0 Wellworth. If you’re the kind of person who appreciates the old-school toilet design, then this is the one for you. It’s also a great way to experience the luxury of owning a Kohler toilet at an affordable price.
The two-piece has a simple three-bolt installation that fulfills your DIY needs. Plus, the compact size ensures that you don’t have to struggle to find a suitable spot to install the toilet.
Now, on the surface, Wellworth does look like a traditional toilet. However, this basic two-piece fares better than regular toilets. That’s because the manufacturers have upgraded the design to meet modern requirements. It includes their signature Kohler Five Class flushing system and an adequate gravity-inclined flushing mechanism. Both characteristics make sure that your waste washes away after you pull the lever. Then the fact that it consumes merely 1.6 gallons per flush helps you save water and reduces your water bill.
Moreover, the vitreous china glazing minimizes the chances of unsightly skid marks and stains. It also protects the exterior from scratches. Plus, the flushing bowl features a high-tech Fluidmaster that squirts the water at a 360-degrees angle. That means each inch of the toilet bowl gets cleaned whenever you flush the toilet.
What about comfort? Consumers should be aware that this is a standard-height toilet. So you will face difficulties while getting on and off the seat due to its low-height. Nevertheless, this characteristic proves to be useful for people with short height or children. Additionally, the elongated design makes it comfier for them to sit on the seat.
Overall, the toilet is a doable investment for homeowners looking for a budget-friendly model.
- A classic design that suits all kinds of bathrooms.
- Smooth scratch-resistant glaze enhances its beauty.
- High-efficiency gravity flushing system.
- Kohler’s Class Five flushing mechanism for better performance.
- Nifty Fluidmaster makes cleaning the bowl less troublesome.
- Silent flushing system.
- WaterSense certified toilet
- The elongated bowl makes for a comfortable seating arrangement.
- Simple installation process.
- Some Amazon consumers find it too short.
- Not suitable for tall people and those with mobility issues.
Kohler’s Highline Classic (K-3493-0) ―Best Pressure Assisted Toilet
Are you planning to opt for a pressure-assisted toilet?
Kohler’s Highline Classic is Kohler’s bestselling toilet in the brand’s Pressure Lite series. The toilet comes with all the bells and whistles the brand is famous for. From a top-notch flushing system to its scratch-resistant glossy glaze–it’s got everything you need in a high-efficiency toilet.
Kohler’s Highline Classic beats traditional toilets by managing to save water without compromising on performance. It’s got a powerful pressure-assist flushing mechanism that minimizes the chances of double-flushing by delivering a clean bowl. The vitreous coating shields it from sticky residues and bacterial overgrowths. All these features make it simpler to clean and use.
In addition to that, Kohler’s Highline Classic meets the EPA guidelines by conserving water in every flush. The toilet does this by utilizing 1.6 gallons and minimum issues of leakage due to its seamless construction. However, if it isn’t sufficient for you, then you can always purchase Kohler K-3493-47. The latter has similar features but a lower water consumption rate (1.4 GPF)
What about comfort? Like many contemporary toilets, this one comes with a chair-like comfort height. Plus, its elongated-bowl gives the user extra legroom to sit. Both features help support mobility constraints of senior members of the family and those with disabilities. That’s because toilets like these are more comfortable to sit on and get off.
Our only complaint we’ve heard is that it’s got a faulty lever that comes off in a short time. However, you can fix this problem by replacing it with a durable fixture. Click here to read our list of best pressure-assisted toilets to compare this model to other top toilet brands.
- Minimalist design to suit the needs of small bathrooms.
- Noiseless pressure-assisted flushing system.
- Minimum chances of clogs or leakages.
- WaterSense certified (1.6 GPF)
- Comfort height facilitates the movement of elderly users.
- Easy to install.
- The breakable lever is the only downside.
Kohler K-3609-0 Cimarron – Best Comfort Height Toilet
Got elderly folks in the household? Then go for comfort height!
Kohler K-3609-0 is the best comfort toilet by Kohler. That’s because it manages to elevate the whole look of your bathroom without missing out on comfort. Besides this, it has a wonderful gravity-inclined flushing system that eliminates waste with minimal issues.
How does the flush work? The brand’s signature Kohler Class Five flush makes an appearance in this model. It’s supported by a high-performing gravity mechanism that forces the waste to go out of the bowl in one go. Plus, the 360 degrees swirl-like movement of the water and the toilet’s non-sticky glaze make sure that the pot remains clean.
In addition to that, the toilet displays water-efficient capabilities by consuming only 1.28 gallons per flush. The toilet utilizes 20% less water than a standard toilet model.
In terms of height, it surpasses all. The toilet is roughly 17.62 inches tall, which makes it as high as a regular dining chair. The elevation and elongated construction eliminate the chances of crouching while you sit. Hence, it’s an ideal size for elderly users and someone with mobility issues. However, the extra inches could be problematic for children.
So place it in a bathroom that is mostly used by adults.
- An attractive and aesthetically pleasing model.
- Smart height for comfort and ease-of-use for elderly users.
- Elongated-shape enhances comfort.
- A smooth vitreous china glaze to prevent skid marks.
- Superb gravity flushing technology for efficiency.
- Low-flow water consumption (1.28 GPF) to match EPA guidelines.
- Elevated height makes it an inconvenience for children.
- A few Amazon users criticize it for its flushing issues.
Kohler Veil- Best Wall Mounted Toilet
Make way for futuristic toilet designs!
The Kohler Veil Toilet is part of the brand’s intelligent series of toilets. The wall-hung model happens to save almost 8-inches of space without dampening your style. The concealed design manages to keep all the unsightly part of the toilet bowl hidden. Moreover, the fact that it’s hovering in mid-air makes it easier for you to clean the bottom of the bowl. Subsequently, it prevents any mildew and molds from accumulating beneath the toilet.
So to say that the Veil model is a hygiene-inclined toilet is an understatement. That’s because along with this clever construction, it has the vitreous china glaze. The glossy coating makes it look pretty and prevents any dirty skid marks from leaving an impression inside the bowl.
What about the high-tech features? The Veil is a costly investment, but it’s worth every penny that you spent! The toilet offers you a hands-free experience with the help of a touchless remote control. So you can open and close the lid with your sensory remote. You can operate the dual-flushing system in the same way.
Additionally, the high-efficiency dual flushing system is a great asset. You get the choice of selecting a 0.8/1.6 GPF depending on the situations. The best part is that it doesn’t matter what flow-rate you chose―the flush manages to clear the bowl in a single flush. Moreover, its water-saving capabilities help you conserve water and regulate your water bills effortlessly.
The only setback is that the toilet will need professional installation and proper maintenance. However, that’s a small price to pay when you get the amazing, intelligent features at your disposal.
- A sleek, seamless design that amps your bathroom’s aesthetics.
- Wall-mounted installation saves space and makes it easier to clean.
- A glossy scratch-proof coating shields it from damage.
- High-tech features optimize performance.
- Dual-flushing system (0.8 gpf/1.6 GPF) helps conserve water.
- The elongated design offers you extra room and comfort.
- LED nightlight to facilitate your nighttime visits to the toilet.
- It requires professional installation.
- Pricier than most Kohler toilets.
Kohler Numi ―Best Contemporary Toilet
A New York article labels Numi as the ‘toilet of tomorrow’.
Kohler Numi is an exciting venture for Kohler. The design is everything one would want in a high-tech luxury model. Unsurprisingly, this means that it comes with a hefty price when you bring it home. However, the amazing features do optimize your visits to the washroom.
How? For starters, Numi is a motion-activated toilet that opens and closes according to your movement. You’ve also got a handy remote control that comes with it to help you control its operations. Usually, this would mean selecting the kind of flush you’d want and regulating the water temperature. However, this innovative toilet goes beyond that by introducing music, LED-lightning, and air drying into the mix.
How cool is that? Besides this, you get to select the water pressure and temperature while using the toilet. These characteristics make it like a toilet-bidet hybrid. The heated seat is also a bonus to its design.
The best part is that despite its over-the-top features, you won’t be let down on its functionality. Numi comes with a dual-flushing system that has an eco-flush (0.8 GPF) and full-flush mode (1.28). So you manage to enjoy this luxury toilet without fretting over the water bill.
The only drawback that we predict for a seat like this is its technical aspects. That’s because it will take you time to understand how it works. Luckily, Kohler has got a great customer support team to lend you a hand when a problem crops up.
- A gorgeous futuristic design fit for a stylish bathroom.
- High-tech motion-activated features enhance your toilet experience.
- Dual-flushing functionality (0.8 / 1.28 GPF) caters to your flushing needs.
- Remote-controlled features for a luxury experience.
- Noiseless flushing system.
- You need a proper user-manual to understand how to use this toilet.
- It’s a very costly investment that normally requires professional installation.
Pro tip: Do you want to install Numi yourself? Use this comprehensive guide to achieve this feat.
Buyer’s Guide: Which Kohler Features are Worth an Investment?
If you’ve got the budget, then try to purchase a toilet that has all of them in it. However, for those of you with a budget, we’ve highlighted the most valuable specs and their benefits.
Let’s have a look:
1. Kohler’s Class Five Flush
Kohler’s Class Five flushing mechanism is the brand’s trademark. The flushing system features cutting-edge technology that’s combined with clever construction. The main purpose of this design is to eliminate clogs and blockages due to an obstruction in the trapway.
It manages to do this by:
- The rapid-release action of its flush tank that puts pressure on the water flow.
- Big rim hole to make it easier for waste to pass through.
- A water regulator that consumes a minimum of 1.28 GPF to conserve water.
- Simple installation process to make the toilet user-friendly.
- Noiseless flushing to minimize discomfort.
- Vitreous china coating to reduce sticky residues and bacterial growth.
Are you worried about clogs and blockages?
AquaPiston is an effective way to evade this issue! Kohler replaces the faulty flapper-valves with this well-crafted fixture, a sturdy canister, and pressure pump. The piston helps create enough water pressure to assist the gravity-flow of the flushing tank.
Once the flush releases the water, it flows down in a 360-degrees swirl like motion. The waterfall-like movement ensures that the water reaches every nook and rim of the toilet bowl before going down.
As a result, you get a cleaner bowl in a single-flush action. Moreover, the secure construction of the piston reduces the chance of leaks and water wastage.
Do you wish to see how it works? Watch this demo video to get a virtual preview of the AquaPiston.
3. Abundant Accessories
We know that toilet accessories aren’t the built-in features of the best Kohler toilets. However, they are an integral part of the Kohler experience. So you should know what kind of fixtures and upgrades you can make to the model you’re purchasing.
Here’s a look at the various types of toilet seats the company provides:
- For Aesthetics: Kohler sells an assortment of toilet seats to match your style (e.g. wooden, plastic, and colored varieties).
- In Terms of Hygiene: The brand has a collection of self-cleaning toilet seats that can regulate water pressure, keep you dry, and heat the seat.
- For Convenience: They’ve also got a LED-light toilet seat that facilitates your nighttime visits.
You can survey the options here.
Bonus: Kohler is one of the few brands that have a maintenance section on their site. The self-help portal helps you locate missing parts and replacement for your current models. Not only does this help you find the right fit for your toilet, but it also saves time.
Round-Up: Which Kohler Toilet Should You Buy?
In the end, we think you can’t go wrong with a Kohler toilet. That’s why we want you to look at your budget and requirements before buying the toilet.
Here’s what we recommend:
If you’re ready to splurge, then nothing could beat Kohler’s high-tech Numi. However, we understand that most homeowners are looking for something simple and practical.
That’s why Kohler’s Highline Classic wins the battle of the best Kohler toilet. That’s because the toilet delivers a high-efficiency performance at an affordable price range. You’ll also like that its quite pressure-inclined flushing mechanism helps reduce the frequency of clogs and blockages. However, if you’re on a tight budget then you should buy Kohler K-3978-0 Wellworth.
So have you made your decision yet?
Are you interested in decoding toilets? The Toilet Zone is the best source for everything you’d want to know.