No one actually enjoys digging hair out of their shower or bathtub drain, but hair is inevitable. The good news is that there are some really useful tools out there that can catch the hair before it clogs your drain. Save yourself a lot of time and effort by getting a shower drain hair catcher. Our top pick when it comes to the best shower drain hair catcher is the LEKEYE stainless steel hair catcher.
Let’s take a closer look at some of our other top picks and see how they all measure up. We will also go into detail as to why the LEKEYE is our top choice.
What to Consider
When it comes to buying a shower drain hair catcher, it is a good idea to know what you are looking for. There are some ‘hair catchers’ out there that are really just devices that allow you to snake out the hair. This is often not what you want to look for. The best hair catchers actually trap the hair before they go down into your drain.
It is also a good idea to know that there are a lot of different materials that these hair catchers can be made up of. Some of the best will be made up of stainless steel, but there are also some other silicon or rubber versions for you to choose from as well. Stainless steel, however, is much easier to keep sanitary and clean. Don’t opt for other metals, however, because they can tend to leave rust marks on your shower or tub.
Finally, consider the size of the drain holes. You don’t want something that has really tiny holes, as this can stop the flow of water down your drain and cause the water to back up. No one wants to stand in inches of water as they shower. Just remember, the bigger the holes, the more hair will be able to get through. While shaving in the shower isn’t enough to clog the drain, since facial hairs are so short, people showering with long hair can often have problems with the drain clogging.
Our Picks for the Best Shower Drain Hair Catchers
#1 – LEKEYE Shower Drain Hair Catcher
First up on our list is our personal favorite, the LEKEYE shower drain hair catcher. It not only offers a great design that will help to trap the hair, but it is also made up of stainless steel. This means it will be easy to keep clean, and you won’t have to worry about any rust spots being left behind. Click here to check price and read reviews.
- It has holes that are designed specifically to take hold of your hair, not allowing it to go down the drain. This is due to the elliptical design.
- It is not only made of a rust proof stainless steel, but it also has a silicone seal around the edge that helps to keep it in place.
- The stainless steel design allows the hair catcher to stay flat, flush with your drain. This is important because many silicone or rubber versions tend to tear or curl up over time.
- The silicone ring has the ability to mold over time if you don’t keep it clean and dry. This is why cleaning the hair catcher is so very important.
- Since it has a flat design, it can be easily moved by your feet if you have a shower drain right in the middle of the shower floor.
#2 – DreamInn Hair Catcher
If a silicone design is more your style, then you may consider the DreamInn hair catcher. This hair catcher comes in a pack of four, so you can use it not only in your showers, but also your kitchen sinks.
- It has 5 suction cups that help to keep it in place. This means you won’t have to worry about it sliding around.
- Silicone design is dishwasher safe, so you can run it through a sanitary cycle just to make sure that you keep it extra clean.
- Stylish star shape means it is not only functional, but it is also stylish. It is really great for a kid’s bathroom as well.
- Silicone design has been known to rip or tear after months of use, so you really have to be more careful with it than you would a stainless steel version.
- The holes are a bit small, making it harder for the water to drain down.
- Affordable (check current price)
#3 – TopLove Starfish Shaped Rubber Hair Catcher
Another great choice is the TopLove Starfish Shaped rubber hair catcher. It has adequate sized holes, offering adequate water drainage for your shower while still collecting the hair. It is also good to use for other drains as well, not just the shower. This makes it really versatile.
- Easy removal allows for you to clean it easily and put it back into place. Suction cups don’t lose their suction, no matter how often you remove it for cleaning.
- It is acceptable for use in the kitchen sink as well, to keep out food and other debris. It also comes in a two pack, so you can put one in each drain if you want.
- Suction cups may not be able to get a good suction if you have decorative tile in the bottom of your shower.
- It may start to curl up or bend after time, making it not as useful as collecting the hair. These items, however, are meant to be replaced after time.
The Bottom Line
While we definitely would choose the stainless steel LEKEYE, the other two are great options as well. Just remember, you want a hair catcher that is going to be effective at catching the hair, while not stopping up the water flow. Always keep your hair catcher cleaned out, because as the hair begins to collect it can really start to harbor bacteria. It is a good idea to clean it at least every other day or so, or more often if you tend to lose a lot of hair while you are in in the shower. If you don’t clean it regularly, it will clog and make even the best hair catcher cause water to back up in the bathtub or shower plate.