There are lots of simple ways to make your home comfortable and beautiful, and your bathroom is no exception. One of the easiest and most affordable ways to add a touch of luxury is a soft foam padded toilet seat. These seats are especially nice if you suffer from any kind of pain when sitting or for elderly persons that find a cold, hard toilet seat uncomfortable to sit on.
So, after trying out several different cushioned toilet seats and looking for the best padded toilet seat, we decided on this Mayfair soft toilet seat and have it installed in both the main bathroom and guest bathroom.
This padded toilet seat will add style to your bathroom and is very comfortable to sit on.
Another main feature that made it out top pick are they strong metal hinges (many cheap toilet seats use plastic). Apart from that, this Mayfair toilet seat comes in both round and elongated models and is compatible with major brands including Kohler, American Standard, and Toto.
Although we have chosen the Mayfair padded toilet seat as the best, there are a couple of other good models highlighted below which you may also like to consider.
But first, let’s take a quick look at the key features to look for to find the good quality toilet seats with extra cushioning.
Before buying any product, you need first to know a little bit about the product. Here are a few useful pointers:
Buying the correct size of the toilet seat is by far the most critical consideration. First, determine if the shape of your toilet seat is round or elongated. Here are the basic shapes available on the market:
A seat with a rounded-front seat, these are designed to fit round-front toilets often used to save space in a compact bathroom.
These seats measure 16 ¾” or less.
An elongated toilet seat measures 18 5⁄8” or more and fits most elongated toilets including compact elongated toilets.
Best Padded Toilet Seats
Mayfair Soft Toilet Seat 2019 Review
Here is a toilet seat that adds elegance to your bathroom – you can make the ugliest-looking accessory of your bathroom, the toilet, look classy! Not only will you get the satisfaction of looking at it, but you will also get a comfortable seat.
The Mayfair padded toilet seat has a molded wood core but has a refreshing, off-white vinyl finish, ensuring a comfortable sitting experience.
The hinges are on non-tarnish chrome. Environmental-friendly materials form the padding of Mayfair elongated toilet seats, comfortable and yet they add elegance to your bathroom.
The most stringent quality standards dictate the manufacture of these padded toilet seats, with a one-year guarantee against any manufacturing defect. Installation of these elongated toilet seats is easy and straightforward, no need to call a plumber or handy-man.
When searching for a toilet seat, the Mayfair brand also got mentioned in online forums like this one, many of the other brands mentioned were either models that had been discontinued or brands that no longer made cushioned toilet seats.
The Mayfair Soft Toilet Seat with Molded Wood Core and Classic Chrome Metal Hinges, Elongated (White, 113CP 000):
- Affordable and Comfortable
- Easy to install
- Environmental-friendly materials
- Adds elegance to the décor of your bathroom
- Reports of material splitting
- A limited number of bumpers
Trendy Heavy Duty Toilet Seat
This toilet seat will make your visits to the bathroom into a unique experience, making that part of your home a better place to be rather than just a room with limited possibilities.
This Soft Padded Toilet Seat is an elongated, cushioned toilet seat and comes in an attractive pristine white, which goes with almost any existing bathroom décor.
The toilet seat is heavy duty to the core, durable but padded to make it comfortable to sit on. These elongated toilet seats have matching white fasteners with a durable solid wood core and embossed vinyl cover. Another useful feature of this product is the padding is anti-microbial and UV protection treated.
If you have some misgivings about adaptability to your existing toilet, do not worry, as the hinges are fully adjustable to fit all standard toilets.
The stainless-steel hinges prevent rust which can occur due to excessive moisture in bathrooms.
- Heavy duty vinyl
- Antimicrobial and UV-treated materials
- Corrosion-free stainless hinges
- Adjustable to fit most standard toilets
- Complaints about the vinyl cracking
- Plastic screws needed to be replaced with steel ones
Deluxe White Soft Cushion Toilet Seat – Anti-Microbial Review
The materials used for the Deluxe White Soft Cushion Toilet Seat are treated with antimicrobial agents to make your sitting area clean and hygienic at all times. Here again, you get a heavy-duty padded toilet seat at a relatively reasonable price.
Molded white colored premium plastic covers this padded toilet seat, and it has a wooden core.
The front is closed and is made of polypropylene which is resistant to chemicals, so feel safe to clean it with all the regular bathroom cleaning supplies, without worrying about the material deteriorating.
- Installation is easy – all you need is a simple screwdriver.
Most of the customers who bought this product were satisfied with the product and commented that it is comfortable. However, some people found it to be oversized to their existing toilet, so you would do well to measure your toilet bowl before ordering this one.
- Easy to install
- Aesthetically good-looking
- Treated with antimicrobial agents
- Chemical resistant
- Size issues
- Some complaints about fading or changing color
Other things to consider:
- Durable material: Durable solid wood core or strong molded plastic.
- Open Front vs Closed: This is a personal preference but also a practical consideration for some people.
- Stong Hinges: This is the most common point of failure on a toilet seat. Metal hinges cost more but last longer than plastic.
- Color Matching: Ensure that the color that you buy matches your toilet bowl and the décor of the bathroom. There are many shades of white on the market.
- Environmental-Friendly: There are toilet seats made with antimicrobial materials to keep your toilet hygienically clean all the time.
- Easy to Clean: Avoid a toilet seat with additional ridges and crevices that will collect dirt. “Easy Release” seats cost more but are much more convenient.
- Budget Factor: Some leading brands have good discounts but avoid the very cheap seats, in the long run, they end up costing you more.
- Comfort Level: Above all, your toilet seat should be comfortable to sit on. So, check the padding material carefully on padded toilet seats.
- Whisper•Close ®: A trademark of Bemis toilet seats although most major brands have a similar slow close function
Related Video: How to Install A Toilet Seat
Is it just me or with smartphones are people spending more time in the bathroom sitting on “the pot” than they did the past?
I have teenagers and seriously they can spend an hour in there…they walk out of the bathroom like a cowboy that just dismounted from his saddle. I’ve thought of swapping our cushioned toilet seat for an old splintery wooden seat to teach them a lesson…and get them out of there as quick as possible, but hey – I have to use too so I figure that our toilet seat should be comfy to sit on.
As mentioned, we chose the Mayfair padded toilet seat as the best buy. It is heavy duty, but comfortable. This toilet seat is easy to install and has the added advantage of being hygienic due as it is antimicrobial treated. Above all, this toilet seat is pleasant to look at so; it will add class and elegance to your bathroom.
Now that what to look for while choosing elongated toilet seats, you can confidently select the best heavy duty cushioned toilet seat to adorn your bathroom. If you are not convinced that a padded toilet seat is the solution for you, check out our list of the best wooden toilet seats.
If you think you need something more heavy duty we’ve also put together detailed reviews of sturdy toilet seats for heavy people here.
We hope you have enjoyed reading this brief guide. Please feel free to get back to us with your feedback and comments, and we will be happy to respond.