American Standard is recognized for producing well-rounded, efficient and reliable toilets at a slightly cheaper price than that charged by the industrial giants. Think about the last time you used a public restroom or went to the bathroom in a restaurant, hotel, airport or any other similar place, it’s likely you’ve used one of their bathroom fixtures. Their range of products encompasses simple utilitarian toilets, fully-featured automatic models and everything in between.
- Best American Standard Toilets
- American Standard Champion-4 Toilet – Overall Pick
- American Standard Fairfield Toilet – Contemporary Pick
- American Standard H2Option Siphonic Toilet – Budget Pick
- American Standard Cadet 3 – High-Performance Pick
- American Standard Titan Pro Toilet Bowl
- American Standard Cadet Right Height – Pressure-Assisted
- American Standard Ultima VorMax Toilet – For Small Bathrooms
- American Standard ActiClean Toilet – Self-Cleaning Toilet
- American Standard Cadet 3 – Triangular Corner Toilet
- Buyer’s Guide:
Best American Standard Toilets
American Standard Champion-4 Toilet – Overall Pick
The all-rounder. A champion in every sense.
The American Standard Champion–4 2034.014 Toilet leads the way for the best toilets from this manufacturer for the current year.
This compact one-piece unit comes with a strong and sturdy build and offers a truly high-class performance that is unlike any other. It has the perfect height for both tall and short people, whereas its overall look is aesthetically pleasing to all.
What makes it a real champion of toilets? This model consists of a 4-inch accelerator flush valve – that’s twice the size of the standard 2-inch valves used in the entire industry. Couple it with a three-inch-wide trap-way and this becomes a bathroom throne that is unlikely to clog.
Also, it can handle up to 70% more mass than a typical toilet. If you frequently find yourself plunging the toilet, you’ll likely resolve that issue with this extra large-throated porcelain throne.
I was recently chatting with a Home Depot employee in the plumbing aisle who mentioned they’ve been working there for 18 years and on a regular basis sees contractors come in and buy several of the Champion 4- mostly based on the extra powerful 4-inch flush valve since it is so good at preventing clogs.
- Powerful flush ensures super fast and effective cleaning
- EverClean surface helps maintain the shine
- Low consumption system saves water and thus, your money paid in bills
- Comfort height
- It comes with a 10-year warranty
- It exceeds the budget of an average buyer
- Does not come with a toilet seat
American Standard Fairfield Toilet – Contemporary Pick
Style meets functionality.
The American Standard Fairfield Toilet is a good choice to consider if you are on the lookout for futuristic bathroom furnishings. Buyers appreciate its exceptional performance coupled with a stylish design that takes the beauty of your bathroom to the next level.
It comes in a pristine white color that fits in seamlessly with most modern bathrooms. Although it’s a one-piece toilet, the construction style of this model is quite different from others. With a low-profile, slanting water tank and tapered rim, the toilet is an ultra-edgy model designed to fit in both large and small spaces.
Although its powerful flush makes the bowl spotlessly clean in the first try, the wide refill pipe that draws in water more quickly means that the tank would be full before you are done washing your hands as the Fairfield takes less than 20 seconds to refill silently.
This feature makes it the go-to option for public restrooms and large households.
Put simply, we included this toilet in our list because it is the ideal choice for anyone who’s looking for a modern bathroom throne with a reliable flush.
- One-piece design provides ease of installation and cleaning
- Strong flushing system
- Noiseless operation
- Quick refill system
- The seat is not comfortable for many users
- Not compliant with State legislation in California, Texas or Colorado
American Standard H2Option Siphonic Toilet – Budget Pick
Simpler is better.
The American Standard H2Option Siphonic Toilet made our list based on being a reliable and budget-friendly toilet that is simple and straight-forward to install and use.
If you are looking for a toilet that offers powerful flushing and effective cleaning without raising your water consumption bill, look no further than the H2Option Siphonic Toilet. Constructed with vitreous china, this two-piece toilet features a Dual Flush system that can be adjusted to 1.6 GPF for a strong flush or turned down to 1 GPF when needed.
The comfort height seat at 16.5 inches tall inches maks it a great choice for average-to-tall families and seniors with back problems.
Its sleek, classic design goes well with different bathroom settings. Plus, you can choose from two different finishing tones to match your taste. Above all, the speed connect system makes it extremely easy to install.
- WaterSense certified Dual Flush system
- Quick and quiet flushing
- Easy to install
- Highly affordable
- 5-year warranty
- The seat is not included in the purchase
- Not really comfortable for shorter users
American Standard Cadet 3 – High-Performance Pick
Because no one likes spending their Sundays scrubbing a dirty toilet.
The American Standard Cadet 3 is a great toilet that delivers high-performance you can rely on. This two-piece toilet is based on the cadet® technology which uses a special type of flushing system to get rid of a large amount of waste with minimum water consumption.
The Cadet 3 toilet can effortlessly flush away up to 1,000 grams of solid waste with just one turn of the handle. The wide trap-way and 2-inch wide opening not only allows the bulk to pass but also ensures a clog-free toilet for years to come.
In addition to an incredibly strong flush, it also has a pressurized rim to power-wash the bowl, providing you 360-degree cleanliness every single time.
What’s even more amazing is the fact that all this thorough washing only utilizes 1.28 gallons per flush. Another thing that we really loved about the American Standard Cadet 3 toilet is that the trap-way is concealed within a lustrous casing, making it one solid bathroom throne that can be wiped clean on the outside in less than ten seconds.
The surface is infused with silver-ion compounds to prevent bacterial and fungal growth as well as ensure long-lasting freshness by stopping the spread of foul odors.
The only drawback of this model is that the toilet seat included in the purchase might be uncomfortable for some users. Some customers have found the seat to be ‘flimsy.’
- The potent flush system clears away the entire residue in one-go
- The compact design makes cleaning the toilet quick and easy
- Comfort height makes it suitable for people of different age-groups
- WaterSense certified – saves 20% more than the average 1.6 GPF toilets
- EverClean surface prevents the growth of mold and mildew
- Poor seat design affects the comfort level
American Standard Titan Pro Toilet Bowl
The Titan Pro Toilet is a durable, easy-to-install elongated bowl that goes well with several different water tanks.
- Right height offers great comfort for all users
- Pro flushing system clears all the waste in one-go
- Quick and simple installation
- It does not include a toilet seat
- You need to buy a wax ring for proper installation
American Standard Cadet Right Height – Pressure-Assisted
Unmatched pressurized flushing.
This two-piece toilet consists of an elongated bowl and is equipped with a pressure-assisted siphon jet flush action. It was primarily designed for use as a commercial product but has become the favorite choice amongst buyers with limited bathroom space.
- It comes at a reasonable price
- Pressure-assisted flushing system offers fast and effective cleaning
- It is relatively easy to install
- It is eco-friendly as it helps save water
- Noisier flush than others on the list.
American Standard Ultima VorMax Toilet – For Small Bathrooms
A fine choice, especially for small bathrooms.
The American Standard Ultima VorMax Toilet comprises of a strong flushing system that smartly cleans the toilet bowl in a single flush. The basic mechanism of this high-performance flushing system uses an effective jet that ensures complete removal of the residue in and around the rim as well as through the top to bottom.
The EverClean antimicrobial surface prevents the accumulation and growth of germs and bacteria. It provides customers with outstanding hygiene as compared to other brands.
Designed with an elongated bowl, Ultima VorMax is a spacious throne for bathrooms. The toilet is ADA-compliant when you attach the seat to it. Another likable thing about the Ultima VorMax is that the chinaware comes with a lifetime warranty whereas all the associated mechanical parts have a 10-year limited warranty.
Pro tip: The chrome trip lever has dual settings. Hold it down properly if you need to get rid of a substantial amount of waste. Otherwise, just give it a swift turn and it’ll take care of the business with a lesser amount of water than it normally utilizes.
- Ease to clean and install
- The antimicrobial surface makes it easier to clean
- Water-efficient toilet (1.2 GPF)
- It is not easily available online
- Flush valve and other parts can be difficult to replace in case the need arises
American Standard ActiClean Toilet – Self-Cleaning Toilet
Say goodbye to toilet cleaners, rubber gloves, scrubbing brushes…
The American Standard ActiClean Toilet is one that will make you bid farewell to toilet cleaners or at least forget all about them for a really long period of time.
Make from vitreous china, this sleek two-piece toilet comes in pristine white and will make a fine addition to your bathroom. But what really makes it so special is the terrific triple-power cleaning mechanism that it’s based on.
The ActiClean toilet features quick clean cycle, a deep clean cycle, and a strong yet completely safe toilet cleaning solution. The quick clean cycle is for regular use and efficiently empties the bowl within a minute. On the other hand, the deep clean cycle lasts for ten minutes and can be used once in a while to make the toilet spotlessly clean.
Although this is enough to make the toilet as good as new, the mighty ActiClean doesn’t stop there. It also uses a special ActiClean solution for long-lasting freshness and shine. The main drawback is that the self-cleaning function requires replacement cartridges that are not cheap and an expense you wouldn’t have with any other toilets.
- Triple-power cleaning action keeps the toilet shining immaculately
- CleanCurve rim prevents the buildup of dirt and bacteria
- Only uses 1.2 GPF
- Elegant design looks good in modern bathrooms
- Lifetime warranty on the chinaware
- Self-cleaning toilet requires batteries and ActiClean toilet cleaning cartridge
American Standard Cadet 3 – Triangular Corner Toilet
As the name suggests, the American Standard Cadet-3 Triangle Toilet comes with a truly distinct triangle-shaped tank. This makes it the best buy for people with a small or narrow bathroom because the overall two-piece assembly takes relatively lesser space than all other alternatives.
The main advantage (and at the same time disadvantage) is the shape – it’s great if you have a compact bathroom and you’re looking for corner toilet – but not an option if you’re not looking for a triangular shape.
- Suitable for people with disabilities
- Smart design allows more legroom in small bathrooms
- Has strong flushing power
- Comfortable seat height
- Does not include the toilet seat
- In some cases, the triangular tank does not fit perfectly against the wall
Why American Standard?
Because the brand has earned a reputation that’s hard to beat.
Founded over a century ago, this North American company specializes in manufacturing bathroom fixtures such as toilets, faucets, bathtubs, washbasins and a variety of other wellness products for sanitary and kitchen uses.
The company has a legacy of providing high-quality and innovative products. And it is their sincere dedication to improving the quality of life of their customers that has made them such a prestigious brand in the market.
Here are a few reasons why this bathroom brand is so popular.
- They offer high-quality bathroom fixtures
- Their prices are considerably below those of competing brands
- Their collection includes a wide range of toilets that suit every buyer’s needs and preference
- The low-maintenance toilets are designed to offer unmatched comfort
- Powerful flushing systems
- Most of their toilets operate almost noiselessly
- The company has a well-managed customer support system