As your baby starts to get older and take baths outside of their baby bath tub, you may find yourself in the market for a baby bath mat. A bath mat is a great way to ensure that your baby is safe while in the tub.
We set out to find the best bath mat for babies, one of our top picks for a bath mat is the Uarter antibacterial bath tub mat. The good news is that it is not your only option! There are quite a few top rated bath mats that are great for use with babies and kids. Let’s take a closer look.
What to Consider
When you are shopping for a baby bath mat, there are a few things that you will want to take into consideration. First, you always want to make sure that the mat is safe and sanitary for use. This means that an antibacterial bath mat is usually the best way to go. We have all seen the build-up of nasty mold and bacteria that grows under some of the bath mats.
Aside from being antibacterial, it is also important to look for one that is slip resistant. Babies, especially when they just begin to stand up on their own, may slip and fall in a slippery tub. The good news is that there are a lot of non slip baby bath mats for you to consider.
Finally, look into how easy it will be to clean the bath mat. Keeping a bath mat clean is really important, but it is especially important for babies. They tend to try to put most things in their mouths, which is why you will want one that is easy to clean. Some of them may even be machine washable.
Our Picks for the Best Bath Mats for Babies
#1 – ABELE Design Animal Rubber Non Slip Baby Bath Mat
First we will look closely at the ABELE Design Animal Rubber Non Slip bath mat (Check Price). This one has a cute design that your child is sure to love. It is covered with animals that they can use for learning as well. Let’s be real though, the look of the mat is not nearly as important as the functionality and durability.
- It is designed to offer maximum slip resistance. It has super strong suction cups that help to keep it in place, keeping your baby safe in the tub.
- It is ultra soft, and made of elastic rubber that is free of latex and PVC. This makes it much safer for your baby.
- You don’t have to worry about mold and mildew. Since this bath mat is antibacterial and resistant to mold and mildew, you can rest assured there is nothing growing under it.
- It is not suitable for use on tubs that are textured. This is because the suction cups are not as reliable on uneven surfaces.
- Since it is designed for babies and is really soft, adults who stand on it may actually feel the suction cups. This can be pretty uncomfortable.
The Uarter Antibacterial bath tub mat is another great choice. We already identified it as our favorite, and this is really because it offers just about all of the features you could be looking for, and it is machine washable! It even comes in a lot of different animal shapes. Click here to check price and read recent reviews.
- Offers an anti slip grip that is sure to keep your baby safe from falls. It also stays in place, but is still easy to remove for cleaning.
- Textured design of the mat helps to gently exfoliate your baby’s skin. There are small circles in the pattern that are gently raised and give this effect.
- You can easily hang the mat up to dry. There are convenient holes in the design that make hanging it up when it is not being used easy. This helps to keep it cleaner too.
- The design is a little plainer than some of the other bath mats that tend to have cuter images or designs. Just remember it is mostly about how functional it is, not just about the looks.
- It is a bit on the smaller side compared to some of the other mats on the market, but is still appropriately sized for babies.
#3 – WARRAH Non Slip Kids Bath Mat
Last on our list, we have the WARRAH Non Slip kids bath mat. This mat is cute and stylish, with marine animals printed all over it. Aside from having a cute design that would go well in any marine themed bathroom, it also has a lot of great functional benefits that are pretty noteworthy – including being machine washable.
- The surface of the mat has a somewhat rough texture, which may seem to be a drawback at first. This is actually something that makes the mat safer for your baby. It helps with the non-slip feature.
- There are hundreds of different suction cups on the bottom of the mat. Many mats just have a few cups, which is not good enough.
- WARRAH offers a 30 day guarantee on their mats. If you don’t like it, send it back and get a refund.
- It is only designed to work on tubs that have a smooth surface. This is because the suction cups are not able to get a full suction if there are any sort of textures on the surface.
The Bottom Line
It is easy to see that there are a lot of great baby bath mats out there. The problem is that they are not all created equally. If you really want to get the most out of your mat when it comes to durability, design and safety, then you will want to make sure that you shop around. As we recommended earlier, the Uarter non slip mat is a great choice. We love that you can simply throw it in the washing machine to keep it clean, along with it being safe and durable. For other ways to keep your baby safe in the bathroom and especially at bath time, click here for our top tips.