Did you know that weighing yourself in the morning is best? Stepping onto the scale can either yield pleasant results, or not so pleasant results. Whether you enjoy checking your weight or not, chances are you might want to keep a watch on it from time to time. The good news is that there are a lot of great bathroom scales that don’t cost a fortune.
We reviewed several different bathroom scales, and the one we liked the best was the RENFOE Bluetooth Body Fat Scale. We also found a couple others that we noteworthy. Check out our top picks when it comes to great inexpensive bathroom scales.
What to Consider:
If you are in the market for a new bathroom scale, there are a few things that you will want to keep in mind. One of the first things to consider is the weight capacity. If you are heavier, then you may need to get a scale with a higher capacity. They usually range anywhere between 300 pounds and 500 pounds max limit.
Another consideration that you will want to keep in mind is the measurement increments. Some scales, specifically those that just have a dial that turns when you step onto them, may only measure in whole pounds. There are some that give a more accurate weight, that measure all the way down to the tenth of a pound.
If you are trying to keep a watch on your weight and record your weight loss or gain, then you may want to consider a scale that has memory capacity. The ability to save weight data for one or more users makes it easier for you to keep track of your progress.
Price is an obvious factor if you landed here, you are likely looking for a scale on the more affordable range of options available. While everyone has their own budget to keep in mind, considering that there are high-end blue-tooth scales with multiple user memory going for well over a hundred bucks, we think all our picks on this list would qualify as inexpensive to most shoppers.
Finally, consider the platform. Scales with a larger platform are often easier to use, and they also tend to give a better reading since you are able to remain steadier.
Our Picks for the Best Inexpensive Bathroom Scale:
#1 – Etekcity Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale Review
This scale really has a lot to offer, especially at the current price. It not only has an easy to read backlit display with multiple functions, but it also features step and read technology. This means that you can step on and get your weight instantly.
It is also backed by a one year manufacturer’s warranty, and lifetime support. This isn’t all that this scale has going for it.
- Features high precision sensors, which means that accuracy is never an issue.
- It has a 12” platform that is made of a safe tempered glass.
- It is not only sturdy, but also comfortable to stand on.
- It turns itself off after a few moments, so you don’t have to worry about your batteries going dead.
- Affordably priced.
- It is kind of heavy, but this is due to the 6mm tempered glass.
- May feel a bit bulky compared to other bathroom scales.
- It does not have any built in capabilities allowing it to keep track of your weight. It really is just a simple to use bathroom scale that gives accurate results, nothing fancy.
#2 – EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale Review
Keeping track of your weight and other measurements is easy with this bathroom scale. It actually comes with an EatSmart tape measure so that you can not only track your weight, but also your inches. The manufacturer even has a no questions asked return policy if you aren’t happy with it.
- It features a large Accubright LCD screen, that is easy to see (even in dimly lit areas). This is thanks to the backlight.
- Weigh up to 400 pounds safely, without the bulk.
- It offers a slim design, with a large non-slip platform.
- It also offers 4 high precision sensors that give the most accurate reading, each and every time.
This EatSmart Scale also made it on our shortlist of most accurate bath scales.
- This scale does not have additional features, such as body fat percentages or BMI.
- Doesn’t keep previous weight readings since there is no memory.
- There is no adjustability when it comes to the brightness of the backlit display,
- Black numbers on the blue background can be harder to read for people with vision problems.
#3 – RENPHO Bluetooth Body Fat Scale Review
Now we get to our personal favorite, the RENPHO Bluetooth Body Fat Scale. This scale is like the Rolls Royce of scales, as it has a ton of added features that you can take advantage of. If you like tech-y devices, and like everything to connect to your mobile device, then this may be the scale for you.
- Smart technology allows this scale to sync to your fitness apps on your Apple or Android devices.
- Helps you to stay on track with your fitness goals.
- It measures much more than just weight.
- Measure your body mass index, body fat percentages, and more with this scale.
- Sync all data straight to your apps.
- It offers top notch accuracy, to the .02 pound.
- Relatively inexpensive scale considering all the features.
- It will only display your weight directly on the scale. All other measurements must be viewed on the free app.
- It may not work on every mobile device. Be sure to check compatibility.
- Some consumers have reported that the battery life for this scale is not the best, and they often find themselves replacing batteries much more often than they did in other basic scales.
Here’s a quick video if you want to see the Renpho in use to get a better idea:
The Bottom Line
While we think that the RENPHO Bluetooth Body Fat Scale gets the highest score when it comes to the best affordable bathroom scales, it doesn’t mean that the others don’t measure up in quality. The main reason that we love this one is because it can sync to your phone to help you keep all of your fitness data in one place, while giving the most accurate measurement down to the .02 pound. All these features are unusually in such an inexpensive scale. The scale also has nearly a 400 pound weight capacity. That means it is suitable for most anyone.